Although we know that every individual is beautiful, most of us have that one aspect of ourselves we would like to improve. For one, it may be fuller lips. Another may simply want to smooth out the lines which begin to appear as we age.
While these changes are often subtle and easy to achieve, they can transform the overall look of your face – restoring a youthful appearance and a world of confidence.
As the leading brand of dermal fillers, the JUVÉDERM® family of injectable gels offers distinct solutions designed to meet every individual’s specific needs. These products are specially formulated to plump lips, smooth lines, lift & contour cheeks and chin, producing the easy yet dramatic results our clients dream about. Be sure to view our videos for before-and-after results of past clients.
How Does it Work?
JUVÉDERM® injectables were created to naturally revitalize your face by turning back the clock on natural loss of volume. The main active ingredient in JUVÉDERM® is modified hyaluronic acid (HA). HA is a natural substance produced by your body that supports your skin’s natural fullness. There are 5 fillers in the JUVÉDERM® injectable family that are each designed to optimally treat different areas of the face.
A JUVÉDERM® treatment increases volume to different facial areas with minimal downtime. It works by temporarily restoring the volume loss which has occurred beneath the surface of your skin. The product line provides a range of treatments, each targeting a specific area of concern for women. These products include:
* JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is injected into the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in the face, as well as to shape and lift the chin/jaw area. Overall, it enhances and lifts facial volume, restoring a look of youth.
* JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC is injected into the facial tissue in order to fill mild to moderate facial wrinkles and folds. This product smooths nasolabial folds, smile lines, and marionette lines.
* JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC is a lip filler that provides what some believe to be the most natural results available. It is excellent for shaping and hydrating the lips, while also smoothing lines around the mouth.
* JUVÉDERM Ultra® lip filler provides plump and full lips. It can also can be used to treat moderate to severe nasolabial folds and marionette lines around the mouth. while Ultra Plus is perfect for severe wrinkles and deep nasolabial folds, as well as marionette lines around the mouth.
* JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus® is a thicker filler that helps to correct more severe wrinkles and deep nasolabial folds around the mouth.
What To Expect at Your Appointment
When you arrive, your Aire MedSpa aesthetic specialist will take a medical history and discuss your goals and expectations. Depending on the type of treatment you will be receiving, the procedure may take 15 minutes to an hour.
Please note that JUVÉDERM® injections are not surgical procedures.
The XC product lines contain pain-reducing lidocaine to help manage pain or discomfort during the procedure. If you are not utilizing an XC formula or have concerns regarding any discomfort you may experience, ask our staff about alternative available anesthesia options.
Your results will be evident immediately, and depending on the product used, they can last from between 6 and 24 months before requiring another injection.
It is important to note that JUVÉDERM® is not right for everyone. Those with a history of severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or those with allergies to lidocaine or the gram-positive bacterial proteins should not receive this injection.
Be sure to discuss your full medical history with Dr. Walters or her staff.